Scheduling Policies & Procedures
Please see our video and comment instructions for guidance on how to schedule an appointment at the CRU.
- We encourage appointment requests to be made at least 2 weeks ahead of time whenever possible.
- Prior to submitting your appointment request, please reference our CRU calendar for up-to-date information on hours and availability.
- Appointment requests should be made via online form. Please use this form to schedule appointments for patients as well as sample processing. Complete all required information.
- If the appointment request is for the same week, you must call the CRU front desk (202-444-0796) in addition to submitting an appointment request form. Specific appointment times cannot be guaranteed on short notice.
- Contact the nurse manager, Kathryn Turner, at 202-444-2639 or email@example.com for all overnight or extended stay requests prior to scheduling the subject. The CRU is open overnight on an as needed basis. For more information about the nights the CRU is open, see the calendar.
- The appointment request will be considered based on resources available at the time of request. Including nursing staff, research assistants and room availability.)
- If there are not adequate resources at the requested time, we will contact you to discuss alternative times within 3 business days. Please see the calendar for up to date information on hours and availability.
- At the time of the visit, please be sure to sign in and provide any additional information that was not available at the time the appointment was made.
- Provide the CRU nurse caring for the subject a copy of the most recent signed and approved consent. NIH mandates that CRU staff cannot treat the subject without verification of the signed consent.
- At completion of the visit, be sure to sign the patient out.
- Blood draw services are available Monday through Friday 8:00am – 2:00pm without prior appointment. For planning purposes, we ask you to schedule an appointment when possible. We do, however, welcome same day walk-ins as needed from 8:00am to 2:00pm for blood draw and processing samples and from 8:00am to 3:00pm for blood draw specimen collection only. The online form will need to be completed upon arrival to the unit or from your office before sending a participant.
- Late afternoon samples that require overnight shipment, after the CRU pick-up is already complete, may need to be handed off to the study team. The CRU will process, package and schedule pick-up for another location as requested.
- If you have any concerns or questions about scheduling, please contact the nurse manager, Kathryn Turner, at 202-444-2639 or firstname.lastname@example.org.